Sunday, July 15, 2012

Long time, no see?

I know, I know. I’ve been M.I.A. for, like, a month.

Kitchen renovation and summertime depression is getting the better of me.  That’s right, I get the hardcore blues in the summer. I’m a weirdo! Seasonal Affective Disorder - SAD :( – is thought to be caused by a tiny gland in the brain that responds positively to UV rays. For some, when it doesn’t get enough of its fix, it freaks out with the DTs and makes it impossible to get out of bed. This certainly seems to be true for me: I experience less sunshine in the summer.

Seriously.

It’s hot out there and I’m not doing it.  I watched a mentor loose the battle war with malignant melanoma.  I AM NOT DOING IT. 

When I get made fun of for my Caspar-like glow, I think of all the Botox I am not going to need. If this were 17th Century France, I would be considered part of the noble elite. So that’s where I am going to live in my head while I wallow and wade through my own personal cyclothymia.

My doctor just put me on Prozac.  #winning! and loving it

So, here’s a little progress report on the kitchen, but first, let’s do The Before:

BEFORE
 


Le design:

7996c7f2-08a6-43a2-9188-bb34d2c6a264_p1327279875430




And…Progress:

Blog 002


I have about a bazillion entries that I’ve started writing that actually show the steps I’ve taken on this bad boy. But for now, this is what I’ve got. Take it or leave it sugar-pie! I’ll be back with a vigor sooner or later. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back!

    How's the Prozac going for you? I'm available if you have any questions/need an ear to vent to.

    ReplyDelete